Re: security problem: console text gets sent to printer

On 10/06/2006 12:00 AM, Lubos Vrbka wrote:
Mumia W.. wrote:
Hit Control-Shift, and urxvt (rxvt-unicode) goes into Unicode digit acquisition mode. Release Control, and it goes into "keycap insertion mode." Jason, perhaps some keys you press in one of those modes cause ^P or something similar to be generated.

I use rxvt-xpm nowadays because of such strangeness.
but it is not possible to input accented characters in the rxvt-xpm... however, thanks for the clarification - it's indeed the 'keycap insertion mode' message that is displayed in the window from time to time... it there any way how to disable it?

regards,

There is no way to disable the special input modes. That's why Debian provides both rxvt-xpm (rxvt) and urxvt (rxvt-unicode).

BTW, I can input accented characters in rxvt using my Multi_key (Compose). I used xmodmap to assign an unused key to the Compose key. I press Compose-A-` to get À.

Here are some more fun composed characters: § ½ ¶ ÷ × « »
è é ö â ø ÿ

I input them into rxvt-xpm and copied them into Thunderbird.

HTH

--
paduille.4058.mumia.w@earthlink.net