> > > Hey, Thanks a lot for your reply! It really helped me a lot:)  It
> > > works now.
> > >
> > > We have a printer connected to the Windows XP file server. And all the
> > > other windows machine can use that shared printer. I'm wondering how
> > > can I set up my debian machine so I can use the share printer?
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot in advance!
> > >
> > > Rocky
> > >
> > Hi Rocky,
> >
> > If Gnome, - gnome-cups-manager. If KDE, start 'control center'
> > Peripherals > Printer > Add Printer.
> >
> > In both, select Networked Printer, Windows share and enter server
> > address, username, passwd and printer type.
> >
> > that should get you started...
> >
> > Vibhav
> >
> Thanks for your reply!
>
> I'm using KDE. There are 2 options for network printer. One is network
> printer(TCP). Another is newwork printer w/Ipp(IPP/HTTP)
>
> In both options I entered smb://server/ppp(my windows XP working
> printer name) as printer address and In the subnetwork field I input
> 192.168.1. after that I hit scan but it tells me:
> "you are about to scan a subnet(192.168.1.*)that does not correspond
> to current subnet of this computer (127.0.0.*) .Do you want to scan
> the specified subnet anyway?"
>
> It seems that my debian network configuration is wrong? Can any of you
> help me on this please?
>
> Thanks,
> Rocky
>

> --

Further to my previous post.

I tried the following:

LIJIANG:/usr/share/doc/samba-doc# lpadmin -p serverPrinter -h
192.168.1.14 -i -v smb://server/ppp -P /root/ppp.ppd
enable serverPrinter
accept serverPrinter
lpadmin -d serverPrinter
lpadmin: Unable to connect to server: Connection timed out

Thanks,
Rocky