Re: debian forum

Dave Sherohman wrote:
> So, what are the advantages of changing to a web forum which are so
> compelling that not wanting to give up the advantages of mail looks like
> fear of change?

    None as far as I can tell.  They're not properly threaded, there's no way
to easily and effectively killfile people or subjects, there is no filtering
Webforums are to communications as email/newsgroups/BBSes were in the mid-80s.
 Why anyone would want to go back 20 years is beyond me.

    Then again, that's exactly what Windows users do all the time with the
rare exception.