Re: debian forum

Hello Steven.

Steve Lamb wrote:
> Dave Sherohman wrote:
>> So, what are the advantages of changing to a web forum which are so
>> compelling that not wanting to give up the advantages of mail looks like
>> fear of change?
>
>     None as far as I can tell.  They're not properly threaded, there's no way
> to easily and effectively killfile people or subjects, there is no filtering
> Webforums are to communications as email/newsgroups/BBSes were in the mid-80s.
>  Why anyone would want to go back 20 years is beyond me.

It seems to me that a lot of people confuse boards with forums. The latter are
really lucid and can offer some features you are used to from mailing lists.
(Blacklisting of categories and posters, highlighting of topics and categories
and much more.)

So you are actually talking about mailinglist<->board here.

Regards, Mathias

--
debian/rules