Re: Email programs that work.

Marc Wilson wrote:
> 1) when will thunderbird finally gain "reply to list"?  I could have sworn
> I saw a patch go by not too long ago somewhere.

    Against the next major release.  Which was part of the patch notes from
the onset.

> 3) How do I tell thunderbird to stop with its idiotic representation of
> date/time, and always show the date?

    I dunno.  But this is more cosmetic than anything else.  I mean lets face
it, not being able to use an outside SMTP server is a tad more functional.

> 4) how can I cause thunderbird to automatically purge a set of mail folders
> according to a set of rules?  Or does that require one of those pesky
> additional programs?  What if the mail isn't local?

    Uhhh, right click?  Properties -> Retention Policy.

> 5) Whyinhell doesn't it download mail headers in the background?  Enter a
> folder, wait with a spinning cursor.

    Maybe to be nice to low bandwidth people?  There's an extension for just that.

> Thunderbird has gotten better since the last time I looked at it.  But it's
> still not something I'd want to depend on.

    So far basically one functional thing which is coming and 1 cosmetic problem.