Re: Email programs that work.

On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 05:39:56PM -0600, djhack wrote:
> Thunderbird - Copies entire message at reply. Works fine on my box.

For all you thunderbird users...

1) when will thunderbird finally gain "reply to list"?  I could have sworn
I saw a patch go by not too long ago somewhere.

2) if a message has a HTML part, and a text part, how do you stop
thunderbird from attempting to render the html?  As far as I can tell,
if there's an HTML part, it's the one that's going to get rendered.

Ah, here's the switch, in the 'V'iew menu.  WTF does "simple HTML" mean?

Can I cause it to show me the HTML source, without rendering it, or is the
only way to view the actual message source?

3) How do I tell thunderbird to stop with its idiotic representation of
date/time, and always show the date?

4) how can I cause thunderbird to automatically purge a set of mail folders
according to a set of rules?  Or does that require one of those pesky
additional programs?  What if the mail isn't local?

5) Whyinhell doesn't it download mail headers in the background?  Enter a
folder, wait with a spinning cursor.

Thunderbird has gotten better since the last time I looked at it.  But it's
still not something I'd want to depend on.

--
 Marc Wilson |     "Nature is very un-American.  Nature never hurries."
 msw@cox.net |     -- William George Jordan