Re: Email programs that work.

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 07:00:26PM -0700, Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 05:39:56PM -0600, djhack wrote:
> > Thunderbird - Copies entire message at reply. Works fine on my box.
>
> For all you thunderbird users...

Forgot one:

5) when will Mozilla-based applications finally start creating consistently
sized GUI elements?  Doesn't matter what it is... firefox, thunderbird, or
mozilla itself... they all fsck this up.

For an example, see http://members.cox.net/msw/thunderbird_prefs.png

Resizing the dialog makes all the controls fit, but we won't discuss why
you'd be allowed to resize it in the first place, rather than just making
it big enough for all the controls.

Actually, it's truly amusing the actions this preferences window accepts,
according to its hints:

_NET_WM_ALLOWED_ACTIONS(ATOM) = _NET_WM_ACTION_CHANGE_DESKTOP,
_NET_WM_ACTION_SHADE, _NET_WM_ACTION_CLOSE, _NET_WM_ACTION_MOVE,
_NET_WM_ACTION_MINIMIZE, _NET_WM_ACTION_RESIZE, _NET_WM_ACTION_FULLSCREEN,
_NET_WM_ACTION_MAXIMIZE_HORZ, _NET_WM_ACTION_MAXIMIZE_VERT

Stuff like that just makes applications look like they have poor finish.

--
 Marc Wilson |     I didn't do it! Nobody saw me do it! Can't prove
 msw@cox.net |     anything!  -- Bart Simpson