Re: Email programs that work.

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 05:36:48PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
>     Oddly enough I open up Thunderbird which connects to my IMAP store and it
> knows how much new mail is in each folder without me going into them.

Of course this process works *so* well in thunderbird that not only is
there a setting for how often it checks for mail in the Server Settings
pane of Account Settings (complete with a timer), there's an extension (ah,
there's one of those fiddly add-on programs again) to fix the fact that
apparently thunderbird's own new mail checking doesn't work correctly.

Sorry, just couldn't resist.  But the Account Settings preference really
doesn't work.

We'll leave aside the asinine idea that a collapsed message thread with new
messages in it is not itself highlighted like the unread messages are.

--
 Marc Wilson |     You will be successful in love.
 msw@cox.net |