Re: system-dependent variables

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 03:03:39PM -0700, Jeff D wrote:

> [...]

Sorry for my mistake! I have libtiff4 version 3.7.2-7 too.

> and you might want to check your windowmaker binary:
> jeffd@proto:~$ ldd /usr/lib/WindowMaker/WindowMaker | grep tif
>        libtiff.so.4 => /usr/lib/libtiff.so.4 (0x40336000)

This command give to me nothing:
csanyipal@csanyipal:~$ ldd /usr/lib/WindowMaker/WindowMaker | grep tiff
csanyipal@csanyipal:~$

> and you might also want to check out /usr/bin/wmaker , its a shell
> script that sets up the env for WindowMaker, and actually runs the
> windowmaker binary.. could possibly be some mixed up paths ..

I chack that and find the following:

- in  $HOME/GNUstep/Library/WindowMaker/  there isn't Style/  but should
to be there, according to wm_style="$wm_base/Style" line in
/usr/bin/wmaker file.

But this is so mayhap the following command rename it:
rename_dir_if_possible "$wm_style"        "$wm_styles"

There I find one more thing:
copy_defaults_if_needed WindowMaker
copy_defaults_if_needed WMRootMenu
copy_defaults_if_needed WMState
#copy_defaults_if_needed WMWindowAttributes

Here I don't know what will happened if I uncomment the last line?

Mayhap have to do with my problem the following thing.

I try to reinstall zlib1g, because red from 'apt-cache show libtiff4'
that libtiff4 depend on it, and get error message:

E: Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration (2) on
   token `(' zlib1g

But, I try this once again, and then reinstalling zlib1g was OK.

I try now again to purge and reinstall wmaker.

--
Regards, Paul Csányi
http://csanyipal.info/moodle  <<<---  Moodle - Course Management System