Re: system-dependent variables

Csanyi Pal wrote:
On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 04:56:43PM -0400, cga2000 wrote:

if you are using debs, try to remove it, apt-get update && apt-get remove --purge wmaker && apt-get install wmaker
I don't use synaptic, but a apt-get install --reinstall wmaker should fix that, I'm not sure what the synaptic method would be though.
I reinstall now wmaker with apt-get too, but this is same as with the synaptic. I do apt-get update && apt-get remove --purge wmaker && apt-get install wmaker

but the error still remain here.

--------------------->
/usr/lib/WindowMaker/WindowMaker warning: \ can't load the default icon "defaultAppIcon.tiff":the image \ format in the file is not supported and can't be loaded
How may this happen that the tiff image format is not supported on my system?
I have installed these packages for tiff:
libtiff-opengl 3.7.2-7  TIFF manipulation and conversion tools
libtiff-tools  3.7.2-7  TIFF manipulation and conversion tools
libtiff4       3.7.2-7  Tag Image File Format (TIFF) library
libtiff4-dev   3.7.2-7  Tag Image File Format library (TIFF), develo
libtiffxx0     3.7.2-7  Tag Image File Format (TIFF) library -- C++

These are not enough for tiff image format supporting?

try Main menu > Info > Info Panel

This has the list of wmaker supported image formats

On the Info panel stand:
Window Maker Version 0.91.0
Supported image formats: XPM PPM PNG JPEG

I remember that, that there in the pixmaps and icons directories out there weren't these .tiff images, or mayhap I'm wrong?

And now, when there are these .tiff images, WPrefs can't load these .tiff images, because wmaker Version 0.91.0 not support tiff images.

What is the solution?

I red something about Debian tiff support here:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=hu&ie=ISO-8859-2&q=tiff+support+on+Debian+sarge&btnG=Google+keres%E9s&lr=

------------>
A flaw was also uncovered in libtiffs custom tag support which may
result in abnormal behaviour, crashes, or potentially arbitrary
code execution.

For the stable distribution (sarge) these problems have been fixed in
version 3.7.2-7.

But, in the Debian Sarge there the libtiff package has Version: 3.7.2-3 and not 3.7.2-7 .

On my sarge system I have this:
dpkg -l  libtiff4

||/ Name Version Description
ii libtiff4 3.7.2-7 Tag Image File Format (TIFF) library

and you might want to check your windowmaker binary:
jeffd@proto:~$ ldd /usr/lib/WindowMaker/WindowMaker | grep tif libtiff.so.4 => /usr/lib/libtiff.so.4 (0x40336000)

and you might also want to check out /usr/bin/wmaker , its a shell script that sets up the env for WindowMaker, and actually runs the windowmaker binary.. could possibly be some mixed up paths ..