Re: system-dependent variables

> Keep in mind that you removed all files that _looked_ like they were
> wmaker/wprefs files.  IOW, the above-method should work but it's not
> 100% foolproof.

I did so, and still have this error.

> And when you start WPrefs.app .. You're not getting any error messages
> .. something that might tell us where he is looking for his icons?

I'm not getting any error when I start WPrefs.app.

> Did you try starting WPrefs from a shell prompt -- rather than clicking
> on an icon..?  There might be useful messages there.

Yes, but get only this like error message:
"WPrefs warning: could not locate image file iconprefs" eleven times for
icons: iconprefs, ergonomic, paths, workspace, configs, menus,
keyshortcuts, mousesettings, appearance, fonts, and expert.

> Also there may be wmaker messages on the linux console from which you
> started wmaker (if you use startx). If not there is a wmaker error log
> file in your home directory where you might be able to find useful info.

I start wmaker with gdm.
In the gdm log files there aren't any message that pertain to wmaker.
I searched but can't find any wmaker error log files in my home
directory. (with ls -a)

> Lastly, did you check the permissions on the files as another poster
> requested?  I forgot to mention that in my earlier posts but it's always
> the first thing to check because it is a very probable cause of icons
> not being displayed since the program running under your id may not be
> able to open them.

Now I have installed only wmaker 0.91.0 without any additional package,
like wmaker-data, or wmakerconf..

I removed manually several times every directories and files that looked
like they were wmaker/wprefs files. Then I install again wmaker
version 0.91.0 but still have this error.

I try to run WPrefs as root user (I log in as root at gdm) but still have
the error.

I sended now an e-mail to wm-user list with this issue, but get the error
message:

----------->
The original message was received at Wed, 16 Aug 2006 01:04:24 -0400
(EDT)
from ipv136.sksyu.net [85.222.164.136]

"|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post wm-user"
    (reason: 127)
    (expanded from: <wm-user@windowmaker.info>)

sh: /usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman: No such file or directory
554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 127

[-- Melléklet #2 --]
[-- Típus: message/delivery-status, Kódolás: 7bit, Méret: 0,4K --]

Reporting-MTA: dns; mail.alloy.net
Received-From-MTA: DNS; ipv136.sksyu.net
Arrival-Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 01:04:24 -0400 (EDT)
Final-Recipient: RFC822; wm-user@windowmaker.info
Diagnostic-Code: X-Unix; 127
Last-Attempt-Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 01:04:24 -0400 (EDT)

Myhap I should reinstall my whole Debian system to solve this problem?

--
Regards, Paul Csányi
http://csanyipal.info/moodle  <<<---  Moodle - Course Management System