Re: X applications won't run after xorg upgrade

swhe(amalgam.swhe@gmail.com) is reported to have said:
> On 6/8/06, Wayne Topa <linuxone@intergate.com> wrote:
> >Florian Kulzer(florian@molphys.leidenuniv.nl) is reported to have said:
> >>
> >> A number of people seem to have problems with the upgrade, so maybe we
> >> should compare which packages are installed in each case. I have a
> >> working Xorg 7.0 on Sid and these are my installed x... packages
> >> (without fonts and dev):
> >>
> >[cut list]
> >>
> >> Maybe someone with a working Xorg 7.0 on Etch can run the same command
> >> so that the people with problems can compare this output to what is
> >> reported on their boxes. (Please add to the dpkg query if necessary; I
> >> might have forgotten something important.)
> >
> >I upgraded Etch and my list is the same as you posted.  X does works for
> >root but not for any other user.  (Not a good idea to run X as root tho)
>      try this:
>     sudo dpkg-reconfigure x11-common

Sorry, I mentioned in a previous post that I had done all the
suggestions at http://wiki.x.org.  That included running
dpkg-reconfigure x11-common.  I have tried Console Users Only as well
an anyone, with the same results, only root can start X.

Wayne

--
                          Your mouse has moved.
       You must restart Windows for your changes to take effect.