Re: [OT] Re: Problem with T-bird (was Re: Mail Issues (pt 2 ))

Florian Kulzer wrote:

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 13:49:56 -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 09:02:03PM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 11:37:20 -0700, Christopher Nelson wrote:

[...]

                                  It's so wonderful to have your mail
take up no more space than an xterm.  And to edit your mails in whatever
your /usr/bin/editor happens to be today.

Alright, let's grease up for a marginally on-topic flamewar!
Ooh, a flamewar! Can I play, too? Here's some more gasoline: Don't you
think it's incredible that, given the choice of several excellent
editors, some people still insist on messing around with a bloated
common-lisp runtime engine?

heh, I use emacs -nw as my editor when running mutt, so you could say
I've got an operating sytem running my mailer running an operating
sytem. How's that for stupid and backwards;)

Well, I use vim and I now type "i" in front of almost every word when I
use other editors. Try to top that!

(I have the nagging feeling that we are not doing this flamewar thing
correctly. Maybe we have to wait for a contribution from the gormless
void to spice things up a little...)

If I need a console based MUA, I use pine, so, of course, pico is my editor of choice. No extra quirks there, except typing cntl-x when I want to exit from kate. Come to think of it, kate is not too happy with cntl-k and cntl-u, either.

--
Marc Shapiro

No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.
What?! Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here.
Boom. Sooner or later ... boom!

- Susan Ivanova: B5 - Grail