Re: Problem with T-bird (was Re: Mail Issues (pt 2 ))

On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 01:26:07PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:
> > After reading how much you like T-bird, I installed it and tried
> > it.  However, it does not let me use sendmail as the outgoing
> > email method.  That's... unbelievable.
>
>     Sure it can, it just uses the SMTP method of access.  Want to know what is
> unbelievable?  mutt not being able to use anything but the command line
> method.  How 80s is that?  You'd think the past 20+ years didn't exist.

mutt's job is to do one thing and do it well--be a command-line MUA.  It
does an admirable job, and I use it except when inconsiderate friends
send me HTML garbage in my email.  It's so wonderful to have your mail
take up no more space than an xterm.  And to edit your mails in whatever
your /usr/bin/editor happens to be today.

Alright, let's grease up for a marginally on-topic flamewar!

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
Disease can be cured; fate is incurable.