Re: OT: Politics [Was:Social Contract]

On 2006-04-30, Roberto C. Sanchez penned:

> What about if you are in the military and get stationed in Arkansas?
> Then what?  Or somewhere with an insanely high cost of living?  The
> point is that if all education was private, you could live where you
> want send your kids to school where you want and it wouldn't matter
> that you weren't in the "right district."

I find it interesting that you're all about freedom of choice and
personal responsibility, but the above quote doesn't seem to recognize
that joining the military is a choice, as is having children while in
the military.

Anyway, I think your point here is a red herring.  If education is
entirely privatized, schools will follow the money, and poor areas
won't have the pull for really great education.  The military, by the
way, doesn't pay its troops all that well.

--
monique

Help us help you: