Re: OT: Politics [Was:Social Contract]

Christopher Nelson wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 07:41:47PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
>
>>    You're also pricing against a limited market.  If the market were more
>>open then prices would fall as more would enter the market.  On the flip side
>>if the parents aren't paying for public schooling via taxes one would presume
>>the money they save there could be applied to private schooling?
>
> It could be, but a more salient question might be, would it be applied
> to private schooling?  There are people I know who despite the evidence
> they should, don't spend in retirement funds, etc., and probably would
> buy an extra case of beer instead of paying their kid's tuition.

So what?  Repeat after me, "the government is not a babysitter."  Now,
repeat that until you believe it.  Seriously.  This is the same reason
why I believe we should abolish social security.  Besides, there are
people who now go out and buy lottery tickets or another case of beer,
rather than food for their children.  IMHO, that is more reprehensible.
 The point is, that people will be people, no matter what.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto