Re: OT: Politics [Was:Social Contract]

On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 10:16:04PM -0400, Curt Howland wrote:

> On Saturday 29 April 2006 21:43, Christopher Nelson <chris@cavein.org>
> was heard to say:
> > That's your right, but unless you can *gaurantee* that I can, for
> > no cost, send my children to a 100% secular school with decent
> > teaching, there is no way I can support abolishing public schools.
>
> "for no cost, send my children..."?
>
> For no cost.
>
> This is the economics taught in public school? By teachers who must be
> paid, in buildings that must be maintained, on busses that must be
> fueled? "NO COST"???
>
> Let me guess, you vote too. "Let's see, which one promises to give me
> something for nothing? Ah! He gets my vote!"

I admit, I made a misjudging--for the *same amount* I'll pay in
education taxes over my life.  But there's another point.  I'm paying
those taxes my entire working life, which I sure hope is longer than 12
years that my children will go through public school!

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
A private sin is not so prejudicial in the world as a public indecency.