Re: Grub + CD-ROM

Hans du Plooy wrote:
On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 16:54 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:

Is the boot order correct? IOW, is the CDROM placed before other
boot devices?

Yes.

If it is, then I suspect you have a hardware problem, which will not
be fixed by putting GRUB on a CDROM.

I considered it, but I doubt, because:
1.  It's a new notebook, and the drive works perfectly otherwise.
2.  If I start up vmware, the virtual machine can boot off the CD-ROM.
Which tells me the CD-ROM *can* boot a disc, something else is messing
with it.  I have a suspicion (this may sound whacky) that it is the

[snip]

Then my guess is that you made the CDROM incorrectly. If you look at
your purported bootable CDROM do you see a single file, or a whole
directory full of files? Try on another machine.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.