Re: Grub + CD-ROM

Hans du Plooy wrote:
Hi guys,

I have a curious problem whereby my notebook won't boot off a CD-ROM.
Now I'm trying to find a way to get around this.

This is very vague. Did this machine ever boot off of CDROM?
Some machines have a BIOS option which can be set.
Does it have a floppy disc drive? If so, and your BIOS
does not have an option to boot like that, then you
might try the Smart Boot Manager.

[snip]

I've also tried sbootmgr (that comes on the Slackware CDs) on a USB
disc, and it loads, but then my keyboard is dead - otherwise it would
have been perfect.

Hmm.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.