Re: Grub + CD-ROM

On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 11:12 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
> This is very vague. Did this machine ever boot off of CDROM?
> Some machines have a BIOS option which can be set.
> Does it have a floppy disc drive? If so, and your BIOS
> does not have an option to boot like that, then you
> might try the Smart Boot Manager.

My apologies.  I'll try to be clearer.

Yes, the notebook did indeed boot off CD-ROM before - 'tis how I got
linux installed to start with :-)  It has the bios switch, and it is set
to boot off CD-ROM, but it doesn't - it behaves like the drive is empty.

It doesn't have a stiffy drive, but it does have boot from USB options.
I have put the smart boot manager on a USB flash drive, but that doesn't
work either.

Hence my thoughts of having GRUB call the CD-ROM.

Thanks
Hans