Re: Sylpheed vs. Claws (was Re: thunderbird -> kmail)

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 01:14:49AM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:29:18 -0700
> Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 08:09:44PM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > >
> > > You should give Sylpheed-Claws-GTK2 a try. I'm running unstable and it
> > > has never crashed on me. The only strange thing I'm noticing is that
> > > sometimes mail I just read is marked as unread again, probably because
> > > at a shutdown it gets killed before the chance to write the latest
> > > changes.
> >
> > does it behave well in a tiled WM?

> I don't know what you mean. I use IceWM and have no issues whatsoever.

Well, now I'm repeating myself, but I've fallen in love with WMII
lately and it dynamically sizes windows based on how many windows are
open. The problem is some apps are slightly broken vis a vis some of
the protocols, or they do lots of window rezising and respawning,
which can be a pain in that set up. just a curiosity sort of
question.

I'm sure its a fine program and I've heard many good things about
it... just starting to like the mutt a lot. :)