Re: Sylpheed vs. Claws (was Re: thunderbird -> kmail)

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 06:57:35AM -0700, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> > > 2 separate programs now.
> >
> > Ah, ok.  What's the benefit of -claws, or the difference?
> >
> > --
> > Ron Johnson, Jr.
> > Jefferson, LA USA
> >

> Now therein lies a very good question. I have never used sylpheed,
> always SC. It had more features from the beginning, and was trying
> different approaches to things.

fwiw, I just dumped sylpheed the other day as I got tired of it
randomly crashing. especially when switching from one folder to
another. I know sylpheed is undergoing a lot of developement (spent a
few days on their list) and the main dev. is pretty responsive. It
used to crash on me about two or three times a day. no big deal, just
annoying. but I'm moving to WMII and a text based client works much
better in that environment (mutt).