Re: Sylpheed vs. Claws (was Re: thunderbird -> kmail)

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 10:34:31AM -0700, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:29:18 -0700
> Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 08:09:44PM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > >
> > > You should give Sylpheed-Claws-GTK2 a try. I'm running unstable and it
> > > has never crashed on me. The only strange thing I'm noticing is that
> > > sometimes mail I just read is marked as unread again, probably because
> > > at a shutdown it gets killed before the chance to write the latest
> > > changes.
> >
> > does it behave well in a tiled WM?

> Not sure what you mean about "tiled". Under Windowmaker works like a
> champ

WMII is a dynamic windowmanager that defaults to a "tiled" setup. Each
window occupies a set area of the screen which is adjusted depending
on how many windows you open. The windows don't overlap, they are laid
out on the screen like tiles would be on a floor.

some gui apps don't play well with that kind of setup, hence my
question. Windows that do lots of automatic resizing and respawning
etc can often be a problem as the display tries to alter ALL your
tiles to suit...