Re: Using Ubuntu when I'm used to Debian.

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 14:19:12 -0400
Hal Vaughan wrote:

> And that proves even more that you are not volunteering your time
> unless you get something for it.  That's not volunteering.
> Volunteering is giving without expecting a ROI.

This is fiction.  Everyone who volunteers gets a return on their
investment; without it, they wouldn't volunteer.  That "return"
may not be in some sort of traditional form like cash, goods, or
services; but if the volunteer absolutely truly got nothing out
of it -- no sense of satisfaction, no gladness at having been
able to help another, absolutely nothing -- then there is nothing
to drive the volunteer towards that activity as opposed to another.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)