Re: lists.debian.org vs google groups

Pascal Hakim wrote:

Some people leak headers into the body of their email.

For example, the first email in this month's archive:

Don't worry about the body. It's the posters' responsibilities to protect other people e-mail addys when they post. The headers should be the primary concern. Bodies rarely have e-mail addys in them, and headers always have e-mail addys in them, so the focus should be on the headers.

Just use HTML numeric character references to encode things that look like email-addresses. E.g.:
"@" --> (
".com" -> &#2e;?&#6f;

Most spammers haven't yet figured out how to convert HTML numeric character references yet, so this should work.

> I don't even want to know how the discussion got onto the topic of
> fresh fruit.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pasc

:)

That episode gave me an opportunity to test out Thunderbird's mail filters.