[SOLVED] Re: utf-8 and gnuplot

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 02:26:05AM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2006-04-03 13:32:29 -0300, Jakson A. Aquino wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 04:20:04PM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > > How about gnuplot*font instead of xterm*font?
> >
> > I'm using gnuplot*font in addition to xterm*font (the same
> > font in both cases) in my .Xresources, but gnuplot (x11
> > term) still misinterpret utf-8 strings as iso-8859-1.
>
> Note that gnuplot*font is not listed in the gnuplot man page.
> The gnuplot man page says that one can use the options
>
>    -fn font, -font font
>        Either option specifies the font to use for displaying text.
>
> as described in the X man page (the gnuplot man page says X(1), but
> under Debian this is X(7x)), but this doesn't work either. I've tried
> with:
>
>   gnuplot -fn -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--14-130-75-75-c-70-iso10646-1
>
> The font is taken into account (this one is bigger than normal), but
> the encoding is incorrect. IMHO, this is really a bug in gnuplot.

Yes, it was a bug in gnuplot. Thanks to the help of the
people in this list I was able to improve my bug report and,
then, the gnuplot developer was able to find and fix it.
I've just received an email with a patch to gnuplot source
code that fixes the bug. The complete bug report, including
the patch, is here:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1458525&group_id=2055&atid=102055

I'm grateful to everyone who made comments in this thread!

Best regards,

--
Jakson A. Aquino
http://distante.dyndns.org:8280/index.en.html