Re: lists.debian.org vs google groups

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 06:58:52PM -0500, Sumo Wrestler (or just ate too much) wrote:
> Pascal Hakim wrote:
> >
> >Some people leak headers into the body of their email.
> >
> >For example, the first email in this month's archive:
> >
> >http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2006/04/msg00000.html
> >

> Don't worry about the body. It's the posters' responsibilities to
> protect other people e-mail addys when they post. The headers should be
> the primary concern. Bodies rarely have e-mail addys in them, and
> headers always have e-mail addys in them, so the focus should be on the
> headers.

I'm sorry, but I don't believe you can say something is another user's
responsability. The last thing the listmaster team wants to have to do
is to go through every message that has leaked the headers and deal
with that. Someone's already mentioned that it looks like gmail does
that by default. We have a lot of gmail subscribers, and that number is
only going to grow.

Cheers,

Pasc
--
Pascal Hakim                                          0403 411 672
Do Not Bend