Re: locked out from gdm - input field greyed out

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 01:39 -0600, Sumo Wrestler (or just ate too much)
wrote:
> B.Hoffmann wrote:
> >
> > Being at the command line, is there a command structure to reverse what
> > I posted in the first post? I mean to reverse
> > ln -s /home/<insert your username here>/.themes /root/.themes
> >
> > And what would it be? Ta.
>
> If /root/.themes never existed before, I imagine this:
> # rm /root/.themes
>
> If you really need to keep /root/.themes, you might do this:
> # rm /root/.themes
> # cp -r /home/<your-user-name-here>/.themes /root/.themes

Above did not work and it is continuing to report that 'circles' could
not be loaded (this is the error I get) for graphical login, that's why
it's reverting back to standard greeter. Boxes in that one still greyed
out.

Tried to start gnome-session from the command line after logging in and
get "Gtk-WARNING**:cannot open display:"

Is there a way to edit gdm.conf from the command line? And how to
display the file for editing?

Kind Regards,
B.Hoffmann

Linux User #398054

-Foresight Linux- -Ubuntu- -Debian (Sarge)-