Re: Honesty about some exim mistakes

Nah, I just used apt-get remove  --purge then reinstalled and it allowed me to reconfigure properly.
In fact I'm only using this address because gmail is SO good at dealing with lists.

On 3/27/06, listrcv <listrcv@condor-werke.com> wrote:
Drake Mobius wrote:
> Now I've got my mail server running, and all it took was an hour and a
> half of complete idiocy and associated frustation!

Yeah, the automagical configuration of Exim4 is a horrible mess! You
have no chance to get a clue what's actually configured and what not.

Just ignore exim-config, copy over the example config from the docs
directory, adapt it to your needs and make Exim use it. 15 minutes of
fun, and you got it running.

GH