Release cycle

I don't know if there's a good way to ask this question, and am very
tempted to just hit cancel now...

I'm curious to know when etch might freeze.  Now, before you all jump
on me and tell me "its ready when its ready", let me clarify.  I'm not
looking for a date, or a month, or even a year necessarily as I
realize they would all be guesses.  Perhaps I could get the best
answer by making this my question:

Has anyone heard/read anything that MIGHT indicate that etch MIGHT go
stable faster than the 2-3 years that it took for Sarge, and Woody to
go stable?

Please note, that I'm looking for information.  I am quite aware that
etch "will be ready when it's ready" and that its a volunteer
organization and things take time.  All I want to know is if there is
any reason to think that etch might be different than previous
releases.

If you still feel the need to flame me, fire away.  I'll simply read
then file in /dev/null.

--Dave