Re: Release cycle

On Friday 10 March 2006 21:23, David Berg wrote:
> I don't know if there's a good way to ask this question, and am very
> tempted to just hit cancel now...
>
> I'm curious to know when etch might freeze.  Now, before you all jump
> on me and tell me "its ready when its ready", let me clarify.  I'm not
> looking for a date, or a month, or even a year necessarily as I
> realize they would all be guesses.  Perhaps I could get the best
> answer by making this my question:
>
> Has anyone heard/read anything that MIGHT indicate that etch MIGHT go
> stable faster than the 2-3 years that it took for Sarge, and Woody to
> go stable?
>
> Please note, that I'm looking for information.  I am quite aware that
> etch "will be ready when it's ready" and that its a volunteer
> organization and things take time.  All I want to know is if there is
> any reason to think that etch might be different than previous
> releases.
>
> If you still feel the need to flame me, fire away.  I'll simply read
> then file in /dev/null.
>

> --Dave

Plan was to release Etch sometime in the December 2006 time frame.  Freeze
would certainly occur before that time.  I don't know how long the freeze
will be, perhaps several months if not more.

This is the timeframe that I heard based on following the debian-boot
(installer work) and other various mailing lists.

John