Re: Release cycle

David Berg wrote:

I'm curious to know when etch might freeze.  Now, before you all jump
on me and tell me "its ready when its ready", let me clarify.  I'm not
looking for a date, or a month, or even a year necessarily as I
realize they would all be guesses.  Perhaps I could get the best
answer by making this my question:

Has anyone heard/read anything that MIGHT indicate that etch MIGHT go
stable faster than the 2-3 years that it took for Sarge, and Woody to
go stable?
Personally, my theory on the REAL reason that the release cycles have been getting so long is that we are running out of "Toy Story" character names. What do we do when there are no more characters left?

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com