Re: gpg keys on multiple machines

At 1141903950, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 19:03:51 +0000 Dave Ewart
> <davee@sungate.co.uk> wrote:
> > where N is the number of seconds to cache for.  I don't
> > remember where this was documented!
>
> perfect, thanks, and afaict, its not documented, or at
> least not very well.

This is very timely -- I was just looking at gpg-agent
myself, yesterday. Indeed it is very poorly documented: if
you look at the BTS, there are plenty of reports to that
effect filed on the package. There's a manpage attached to
at least one of those bugs.

I think this is a great place for someone who wanted to do
some work on Debian to start: a great candidate package to
document, especially given the rather esoteric way you
invoke it (the gpg.conf setting first, then eval `gpg-agent
--daemon` or whatever... you wouldn't guess that ;) )

--
Jon Dowland
http://alcopop.org/