Re: gpg keys on multiple machines

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 10:11:47AM -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> So I followed your advice and installed gpg-agent, and also made my
> passphrase "better" on the assumption that I'd be typing it less. So
> that's all great and gpg-agent seems to work really well, but I'm
> still typing in my now much longer passphrase every ten minutes or
> so. There is no man gpg-agent or info gpg-agent, and gpg-agent -h is
> no help. likewise google. how do you set the time-out to gpg-agent?

First make your bash an ssh-agent:

ssh-agent bash -l

You may want to put that in .bashrc, though I don't seem to do that
myself now; perhaps the console I open in X does that by default
already.

Anyway, now add your ssh identities to the agent:

ssh-add -t 7200

This will add them for 7200 seconds, so 2 hours.  Now you want need to
type your passphrase for another two hours.

--
Maurits van Rees | http://maurits.vanrees.org/ [NL]
            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/