Re: Further installation woes WAS: trouble installing RAID and LVM.

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 03:49:10PM +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 03:29:23PM -0500, hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 03:59:23PM +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:
> > > On Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 05:25:30PM -0500, hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
> [..]
> > >                            ^^^^^^                ^
> > > Should really copy & paste errors, as an error in the error can be
> > > confusing :-)
> >
> > Quite agree.  Is there a way to copy and paste during installation?  At
> > this point I was using the text-only console apparently provided by the
> > installer.
>
> Oh, should have spotted that. I think there is a . . . ah here:
>
> less /var/log/debian-installer/messages
>
> But somehow you would need access to it. :-)
>
> Hang on, when did python become an essential package? This looks like it
> is after the installation phase so maybe using script?

Hi Chris,
I noticed you message but had trouble following as I dont know about
Raid but...
python is essential in Ubuntu and not in Debian. There was considerable
debate about this in the last 1 1/2 on debian-devel if you want to wade
throught the messages as someone wanted to make it essential in Debian.
If this is a pure debian system, this would seem like a bug.
Cheers,
Kev