mozilla mail

Hello. Clamscan, of clamav, indicates that there is a virus in my mozilla mail inbox file. I emptied and deleted all the mail in the inbox, yet, there is still a 5 MB file there, which seems to be a large text file containing records of all the past mail received. Should I delete this file?
The readout from clamscan is:

debian:/home/mark/.mozilla/default/fmjrfclp.slt/Mail/pop.torfree-1.net# clamscan /home/mark/.mozilla/default/fmjrfclp.slt/Mail/pop.torfree-1.net/Inbox: HTML.Phishing.Pay-87 FOUND

Mark