Re: Question on backups using rsync

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

I've always worked with the idea of two different kinds of backups.

1) a copy of the critical files (accounting, databases, spreadsheets etc.) that are needed for day to day operations in the event of corruption or accidental deletion and the like. These are just copies, in my case, of just a couple of directories. I don't need long term storage, just a few days/weeks of copies that I can refer to incase I blow something.

I've been thinking about using gmailfs for a while to do the "sensitive data" part of the backup. That's totally offsite, and now uses encfs by default so it should be encrypted. 2.5G of free space anyone?
Has anyone else done this yet?

Jason