Re: Help connect a Nikon D70s camera to a debian box

Bruno Buys wrote:

>> Okay, I have to ask this now:
>> 1. To what groups do you belong as a normal user? (what is the output of
>> groups command?)
>>

> bruno@frank:~$ groups
> bruno dialout cdrom floppy audio video plugdev

I am also a member of camera group but I guess that is for the
libgphoto2 stuff (see /usr/share/doc/libgphoto2-2/README.Debian).

>> 2. What is the output of this command:
>> $> dpkg -l *udev* *gphoto* pmount gnome-volume-manager | grep ^i
>>

> frank:/home/bruno# dpkg -l *udev* *gphoto* pmount gnome-volume-manager |
> grep ^i
> No packages found matching pmount.
> No packages found matching gnome-volume-manager.
> ii gphoto2 2.1.5-1 The gphoto2 digital camera command-line client
> ii libgphoto2-2 2.1.5-6 gphoto2 digital camera library
> ii libgphoto2-2-dev 2.1.5-6 gphoto2 digital camera library (development fi
> ii libgphoto2-port0 2.1.5-6 gphoto2 digital camera port library
> ii udev 0.056-3 /dev/ management daemon

Now, if you were running Gnome, pmount and gnome-volume-manager would
really have helped, but since you are running KDE ...

>> 3. What are you using: Gnome, KDE, or some other manager?
>>
> kde

... I guess you should give digikam a try. I have been able to use
digikam quite smoothly without any problems at all whenever I was in
KDE. If that doesn't work, let me know. I usually plug in the camera,
start digikam and let it detect a camera. If it can't, then I suggest it
to look for ptp (or usb) camera from it's detection menu and it works.

->HS