Re: Help connect a Nikon D70s camera to a debian box

Bruno Buys wrote:

> Gphoto documentation states Nikon d70 as a ptp mode camera. ptpcam
> states that, as well.
>
> If I use the usb mass storage option, I get lines like these on my
> dmesg, whe I turn the camera on:
>
> Buffer I/O error on device sdb1, logical block 2001445
> Buffer I/O error on device sdb1, logical block 2001446
> Buffer I/O error on device sdb1, logical block 2001455
> end_request: I/O error, dev sdb, sector 2001487
> Buffer I/O error on device sdb1, logical block 2001424
> Buffer I/O error on device sdb1, logical block 2001425
> Buffer I/O error on device sdb1, logical block 2001426
>
> If I insist and try to mount it, I get:
>
> frank:/home/bruno# mount /dev/sdb1 /media/usb1
> mount: you must specify the filesystem type
> frank:/home/bruno# mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /media/usb1
> mount: /dev/sdb1: can't read superblock
>
> If I use the ptp mode instead, both gphoto and ptpcam can see the camera
> and download files.
> The only explanation is D70 being differently detected than D70s, which
> I find odd.
>
> Anyway, ptp mode s doing well now. I'd only like to access it in a
> non-root account.

Okay, I have to ask this now:
1. To what groups do you belong as a normal user? (what is the output of
 groups command?)

2. What is the output of this command:
$> dpkg -l *udev* *gphoto* pmount gnome-volume-manager | grep ^i

3. What are you using: Gnome, KDE, or some other manager?

->HS