Re: Help connect a Nikon D70s camera to a debian box

H.S. wrote:

Bruno Buys wrote:
Alexis Huxley wrote:

  So, I set the camera to ptp, turn it off, plug the usb cable. Set
it on, dmesg reports new full usb device. That's all the success I get.
Try it as root. Does it work? If so then follow instructions at
http://dione.no-ip.org/~alexis/computing/ahdg/ahdg/ahdgse144.html#x427-233000A.3

relating regarding the 'camera' group. Log out and in again to activate.

Alexis

Thanks Alexis! I can access the camera as root, indeed. As soon as I get
home I´ll try your suggestion.

If your camera is supposed to be mounted as a USB device, I think you
should also be in the plugdev group.

->HS

The camera isn´t a usb device. Every linux tuto in the web tells me to use it as a ptp device. Its intriguing, actually, because its setup has a 'USB mass storage' option. Maybe Nikon´s usb implementation is uncompliant?