Re: Request to remove Information

On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 13:50 +0000, Clive Menzies wrote:
> On (20/11/05 22:08), Katipo wrote:
> > Clive Menzies wrote:
> > >I suspect Intel is in no way unique in this respect; my own limited
> > >experience of large corporations has been similar.  As in many other
> > >bureaucratic organisations (public and commercial), it is the 'system'
> > >rather than the individuals which is flawed.
> > >

> > Well, yes, but it is also the organisation that supplies both the
> > anonymity to indulge, and the sociological acceptance factor that comes
> > from the definition of 'success' provided by that organisation environment.
> >
> > The individual and the environment are reflections of each other.
> > Deny the individual the right to be responsible for his environment, and
> > you deprive him of any means to improve upon it.
>
> I couldn't agree more.  But in such flawed organisations, to attain
> power to change the way things operate, requires compromising one's
> principles to at least a limited degree.  Once the individual becomes a
> beneficiary of the system, the motivation to address the inherent flaws
> becomes diminished.

Stated another way: for the statesman to become President, he must
first become a politician.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"All else being equal, you're safer traveling in a passenger
vehicle that's larger and heavier than in one that's smaller and
lighter."
http://www.carsafety.org/vehicle_ratings/sfsc.htm