Re: A few general questions from a Debian newbie

On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 11:16:27AM -0700, Paul Scott wrote:
> Carl Fink wrote:

> >Why use a distro if you're going to have to manually install things anyway?
> >
> That might make sense if we were just installing an OS but everyone
> certainly has different needs in applications.

That's why I said "distro" (short for "distribution") and not "operating
system".

A selling point[1] of Debian has been how many applications are available
for it.  That stops working when the most-desired applications aren't
included.

[1]For some value of "selling" that applies to free things.
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.