Re: Mounting an iPod via USB

Josh Battles said:
> Brian Nelson said:
>> "Josh Battles" <josh.lists@omg-stfu.com> writes:
>>
>>> Why?  What are the advantages of upgrading to 2.6 for my scenario?  This
>>> machine has been running for quite some time and does everything else I
>>> need
>>> just fine.  Would upgrading to 2.6 help my unmounting issues?
>>
>> Yeah.  I don't think 2.4 kernels support most/all ipods with USB.  Even
>> the earlier 2.6 kernels were quite flaky.  It took until around 2.6.10
>> for it to get fairly stable.
>
> I hadn't really wanted to upgrade to 2.6 on this machine yet but I may give
> it a go.  You think 2.6.10 would be a good place to start?

I got a little hasty with the send button...
I was able to get it to recognize the ipod and use it correctly finally.  I
added the mountpoint /media/ipod into the "cdrom" group (of which I'm a
member) and now I'm able to have full read/write access to it.  It also
automounts now as well.

I'll probably still upgrade to the 2.6 kernel though just to see if it acts
any different.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com