Re: Newsreader: Best of the bunch?

Paul Smith wrote:
> But... why should anyone bother rewriting it when it works great the way
> it is?

    Does it work great?  As I pointed out you have to install what again to
use it?

> I don't think anyone who has the skill or time to rewrite it would be
> very swayed by "I'd like to use it but I won't because I don't like
> Emacs".

    Who said I wanted to use it.  Sorry, much to fond of other clients to even
give it a glance.  Besides, what I said was that if its features were so
neet-o keen that the concepts and way of working with mail would have been
programed outside of emacs.  So far, in a decade of my experience, that hasn't
happened.  So if those concepts, the ideas that found the mail client, are
something to rave about, why haven't they shown up elsewhere?  If they're good
concepts, they would at the very least be replicated.  If they're not good
concepts then they won't be replicated.  Since they haven't that leads me to
believe there is nothing of interest in gnus beyond the  "Well, if you happen
to use emacs you can read mail in it" geek factor.