Re: Upgraded from 512 to 1024 ram. Now, how to fine tune the system?

Bruno Buys wrote:

Marty wrote:

Due to kernel address map limitations, unless your kernel is configured
for at least 4GB, only about 900MB will be recognized.  You can tell if
you have this problem by running "cat /proc/meminfo".  The first line of
output should be:

MemTotal:      1034116 kB

Otherwise you need to recompile your kernel.

Hi marty and others. Here's my meminfo. I guess I'm ok, then?

bruno@frank:~$ cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal:      1036524 kB

That looks good.  I expect a few MBs difference due to legacy hardware
issues, chipset differences and BIOS settings.

Finally you may want to think about testing the memory, especially if
you suspect any instability, but that's a different thread.