Re: Upgraded from 512 to 1024 ram. Now, how to fine tune the system?

Ron Johnson wrote:

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 16:45:21 +0300
Bogdan Rotariu <bogdan.rotariu@balcanicsoft.com> wrote:

Hello Bruno,

Friday, October 7, 2005, 12:41:33 AM, you wrote:

Just bought an extra 512mb ram module, to add to my existing
512mb. Free reports the total correctly, but i was wondering
if is there any way that i fine tune my system for better use
of this memory. That's the first time i run a 1gb pc :)!
Any help?
[snip]
or update your kernel if u didn't alredy do that.

Why?

I didn´t understand, also. I was after any kernel parameter, command line option to include in my boot, or something like that, to tell my system how to use the memory. IF there is such a command. I remember having read some time ago about commands telling the kernel what to swap and what not, and that it had to do with mem upgrades.
That´s it. Hope it cleared up the subject.