Should I try Etch?

I'm still rather new to Linux, and I've been running Debian Sarge for a couple of months. However, I am eager to try the new features in Gnome 2.12, and I remember someone on the list writing that it ships with Sebian Etch.

So I thought I would try running Etch, and I had some questions:

[1] What problems am I likely to encounter running Etch? Is it really something I should stay away from as  a new user? (The box I want to install on is for experimentation, and isn't mission critical.)

[2] Are there other advantages I'll get from running Etch, other than Gnome 2.12? Is Etch running OpenOffice 2.0?

[3] I burned all 14 CDs of the Debian Sarge distro. Will I need to download all of the CDs for the Etch distribution, or can I reuse some of those package CDs?

[4] Do they need more users to test Etch, or will my questions just be a pain in the neck for developers?

Thanks,

Scott Huey