Re: Should I try Etch?

Redefined Horizons wrote:

I'm still rather new to Linux,

Then it's probably better if you stick to stable for a while at least. stable doesn't break, but testing and unstable break all the time (at the moment at least)

[2] Are there other advantages I'll get from running Etch, other than Gnome 2.12? Is Etch running OpenOffice 2.0?

Debian only includes GNOME 2.10
Openoffice 2.0 doesn't exist. the newsest version is 2.0 RC1

[4] Do they need more users to test Etch, or will my questions just be a pain in the neck for developers?

testers are always wanted in every project.