Re: 4ol 4rt files:

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 18:41:09 -0400
David Clymer <david@zettazebra.com> wrote:

> Doofus, stupid, etc are pejoratives. I don't consider it appropriate
> to describe someone in such terms merely because they happen to have
> been delt a smaller portion of intelligence. However, when someone
> actively refuses to use the brain they have...I have no qualms about
> applying such labels.
>
> Perhaps you speak the same language, but with less tact.
>
> -davidc

What would be the correct PC term, AOLer?  Some are smart.  Why not just
use a time tested, tried, and true word everyone is already familiar
with?
I admit that 'doofus' is used contemptuously but stupid is usually not,
is it?  What is the opposite of pejorative?  Congratulatory?  Neither
stupid nor smart warrant either of those terms, they are only states of
being like blond or red-headed.

Cybe R. Wizard -wishes instruction
	Charles Darwin