Re: cdrdao as normal user

On Sun, Sep 25, 2005 at 12:47:09PM -0400, Titus Barik wrote:
> Is there a way to use cdrdao as a normal user? I am using a custom
> compiled kernel, version 2.6.13, and running Debian unstable. As root, I
> use the following to burn CDs:

Make a group called, say cdwrite.  Add users who should be able to write
cds to it.  Make cdrdao rwx for cdwrite, but no executable by world.
Make cdrdao setuid root.

Alternatively you could change the permissions of the cdwriter device to
group read/write, no world, make the group cdwrite, and add users to the
group as above.

There are probably security implications either way, just different
ones.